1. Collection of Information
1.1 Survey Information
VitalDepot collects information from individuals by various methods, including, but not limited to, when a VitalDepot survey, order form, or a registration page either online or offline, or by means of online or offline surveys, order forms, or registration pages operated by third parties (collectively, a "Survey"). (As used herein, "online" means using the Internet, including the Websites, and related technologies, and "offline" means by methods other than online, including in person, in the postal mail, using telephones and cell phones, and other similar means.) In the Surveys, VitalDepot or a third party (a "Third Party") may ask an individual to provide various information to VitalDepot which may include his or her name, email address, street address, zip code, telephone numbers (including cell phone numbers and carriers), birth date, gender, salary range, education and marital status, occupation, social security number, employment information, personal and online interests, and such other information as may be requested from time to time (together, "Survey Information"). VitalDepot may also collect information concerning an individual from another source and uses that information in combination with information provided from this web site. Completing the Surveys is completely voluntary, and individuals are under no obligation to provide Survey Information to VitalDepot or Third Party, but an individual may receive incentives from VitalDepot or a Third Party in exchange for providing Survey Information to VitalDepot.
1.2 Third Party List Information
VitalDepot collects information from individuals when an individual provides information to a third party and VitalDepot subsequently purchases, licenses, or otherwise acquires the information from the third party (the "Seller"). Such purchased information may include, but is not limited to, an individual's name, email address, street address, zip code, telephone numbers (including cell phone numbers and carriers), birth date, gender, salary range, credit card information, education and marital status, occupation, industry of employment, personal and online interests, and such other information as the individual may have provided to the Seller (together, "Third Party List Information"). When acquiring Third Party List Information, VitalDepot seeks assurances from the Seller that the Seller has a right to transfer the Third Party List Information to VitalDepot and that the Seller has a right to provide offers from advertisers to the individuals whose personal information is included on the Seller's list.
1.3 Other Information
Other occasions when VitalDepot obtains information from individuals include (1) when an individual is making a claim for a prize or seeking to redeem an incentive offered by VitalDepot by a third party, (2) when an individual requests assistance through VitalDepot customer service department, and (3) when an individual voluntarily subscribes to a VitalDepot service or newsletter (together, "Other Information").
1.4 Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Info Collected Using Technology
VitalDepot currently uses cookie and web beacon technology to associate certain Internet-related information about an individual with information about the individual in our database. Additionally, VitalDepot may use other new and evolving sources of information in the future (together, "Technology Information").
- Cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data stored on the hard drive of the individual's computer that allows VitalDepot to identify the individual with his or her corresponding data that resides in VitalDepot database. You may read more about cookies at http://www.cookiecentral.com. Individuals who use the Websites need to accept cookies in order to use all of the features and functionality of the Websites.
- Web Beacons. A web beacon is programming code that can be used to display an image on a web page (by using an programming function -- see https://www.truste.com for more information), but can also be used to transfer an individual's unique user identification (often in the form of a cookie) to a database and associate the individual with previously acquired information about an individual in a database. This allows VitalDepot to track certain web sites an individual visits online. Web beacons are used to determine products or services an individual may be interested in, and to track online behavioral habits for marketing purposes. For example, VitalDepot might place, with the consent of a third party website, a web beacon on the third party's website where fishing products are sold. When Bill, an individual listed in VitalDepot database, visits the fishing website, VitalDepot receives notice by means of the web beacon that Bill visited the fishing site, and VitalDepot would then update Bill's profile with the information that Bill is interested in fishing. VitalDepot may thereafter present offers of fishing related products and services to Bill. In addition to using web beacons on web pages, VitalDepot also uses web beacons in email messages sent to individuals listed in VitalDepot database.
- New Technology. The use of technology on the Internet, including cookies and web beacons, is rapidly evolving, as is VitalDepot use of new and evolving technology. As a result, VitalDepot strongly encourages individuals to revisit this policy for any updates regarding its use of technology.
1.5 Outside Information
VitalDepot may receive information about individuals from third parties or from other sources of information outside of VitalDepot including information located in public databases ("Outside Information").
1.6 Individual Information
As used herein, Individual Information means Survey Information, Third Party List Information, Other Information, Technology Information, and Outside Information, and any other information VitalDepot gathers or receives about individuals.
1.7 No Information Collected from Children
VitalDepot will never knowingly collect any personal information about children under the age of 13. If VitalDepot obtains actual knowledge that it has collected personal information about a child under the age of 13, that information will be immediately deleted from our database. Because it does not collect such information, VitalDepot has no such information to use or to disclose to third parties. VitalDepot has designed this policy in order to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA").
1.8 Credit Card Information
VitalDepot may in certain cases collect credit card numbers and related information, such as the expiration date of the card ("Credit Card Information") when an individual places an order from VitalDepot. When the Credit Card Information is submitted to VitalDepot, such information is encrypted and is protected with SSL encryption software. VitalDepot will use the Credit Card Information for purposes of processing and completing the purchase transaction, and the Credit Card Information will be disclosed to third parties only as necessary to complete the purchase transaction.
2. Use of Individual Information
2.1 Discretion to Use Information
THE COMPANY MAY USE INDIVIDUAL INFORMATION FOR ANY LEGALLY PERMISSIBLE PURPOSE IN COMPANY'S SOLE DISCRETION. The following paragraphs in Section 2 describe how VitalDepot currently uses Individual Information, but VitalDepot may change or broaden its use at any time. As noted below, VitalDepot may update this policy from time to time. VitalDepot may use Individual Information to provide promotional offers to individuals by means of email advertising, telephone marketing, direct mail marketing, online banner advertising, and package stuffers, among other possible uses. If you do not wish us to use personal information about you to promote or sell our products and services or to sell, transfer or otherwise provide personal information about you to third parties, please inform us by contacting customer service at 1-800-414-8009 and we will certainly honor your request.
VitalDepot uses Individual Information to provide promotional offers by email to individuals. VitalDepot may maintain separate email lists for different purposes. If email recipients wish to end their email subscription from a particular list, they need to follow the instructions at the end of each email message to unsubscribe from the particular list.
- Content of Email Messages. In certain commercial email messages sent by VitalDepot, an advertiser's name will appear in the "From:" line but hitting the "Reply" button will cause a reply email to be sent to VitalDepot. The "Subject:" line of VitalDepot email messages will usually contain a line provided from the advertiser to VitalDepot
- Solicited Email. VitalDepot only sends email to individuals who have agreed on the Websites to receive email from VitalDepot or to individuals who have agreed on third party websites to receive email from third parties such as VitalDepot. VitalDepot does not send unsolicited email messages. As a result, statutes requiring certain formatting for unsolicited email are not applicable to VitalDepot's email messages.
2.3 Targeted Advertising
VitalDepot uses Individual Information to target advertising to an individual. When an individual is using the Internet, VitalDepot uses Technology Information (see also Section 2.5 below) to associate an individual with that person's Individual Information, and VitalDepot attempts to show advertising for products and services in which the person has expressed an interest in the Surveys, indicated an interest by means of Technology Information, or otherwise. VitalDepot may, at its discretion, target advertising by using email, direct mail, telephones, cell phones, and other means of communication to provide promotional offers. VitalDepot may use third-party services for targeting users.
As a consumer, you have the right to opt out of targeted advertising. If you wish to do, please see section 5.1 below.
You can learn more about targeted advertising and online advertising as a whole, including the choices available to you as a consumer, at AboutAds.info.
2.4 Direct Mail and Telemarketing
VitalDepot uses Individual Information to advertise, directly or indirectly, to individuals using direct mail marketing or telemarketing using telephones and cell phones.
2.5 Use of Technology Information
VitalDepot uses Technology Information (1) to match a person's Survey Information and Third Party List Information to other categories of Individual Information to make and improve profiles of individuals, (2) to track a person's online browsing habits on the Internet, (3) to determine which areas of VitalDepot's web sites are most frequently visited. This information helps VitalDepot to better understand the online habits of individuals so that VitalDepot can target advertising and promotions to them.
2.6 Profiles of Individuals
VitalDepot uses Individual Information to make a profile of an individual. A profile can be created by combining Survey Information and Third Party List Information with other sources of Individual Information such as information obtained from public databases.
2.7 Storage of Individual Information
VitalDepot stores the Individual Information in a database on VitalDepot computers. Our computers have security measures (such as a firewall) in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under VitalDepot' control. Not withstanding such measures, VitalDepot cannot guarantee that its security measures will prevent VitalDepot computers from being illegally accessed, and the Individual Information on them stolen or altered.
3. Dissemination of Individual Information.
3.1 Order Fulfillment
VitalDepot will transfer Individual Information to third parties when necessary to provide a product or service that a person orders from such third party while using VitalDepot web sites or when responding to offers provided by VitalDepot.
3.2 Legal Process
VitalDepot may disclose Individual Information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, and other legal processes.
Individuals have access to their Individual Infrmation collected to provide an opportunity for an individual to correct, amend, or delete such information. Access can be obtained by contacting customer service at the number on the order page. VitalDepot may also grant advertising clients and email services providers access to an individual's email address to verify the origin of the Individual Information collected.
4. Privacy Practices of Third Parties.
4.1 Advertiser cookies and web beacons
Advertising agencies, advertising networks, and other companies (together, "Advertisers") who place advertisements on the Websites and on the Internet generally may use their own cookies, web beacons, and other technology to collect information about individuals. VitalDepot does not control Advertisers' use of such technology and VitalDepot has no responsibility for the use of such technology to gather information about individuals.
The Websites and email messages sometimes contain hypertext links to the web sites of third parties. VitalDepot is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other web sites. Linked web sites may contain links to web sites maintained by third parties. Such links are provided for your convenience and reference only. VitalDepot does not operate or control in any respect any information, software, products or services available on such third party web sites. The inclusion of a link to a web site does not imply any endorsement of the services or the site, its contents, or its sponsoring organization.
5. Opt-out and Unsubscribe Procedures
5.1 Opt-out of Targeted Advertising
You, as a consumer, have the right to opt-out of targeted/interest-based advertising. If you wish to do so, you may use the tools provided by Network Advertising Initiative (NAI). The page linked also contains more information on interest-based advertising.
5.2 Unsubscribing from Email Communications
All marketing emails from VitalDepot will contain an "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom. You may click that link at the bottom of any marketing email you have received from us to unsubscribe automatically. If you have lost or deleted the email, you may email us or call us at 1-800-414-8009 and we will remove you from our list. You may also write to:
314 E. Dania Beach Blvd. #132
Dania Beach, FL 33004 - USA